Frequently Asked Questions

1.  How long is my application kept on file?
Applications are kept on file for 3 years.

2.  What is the next step if there is a position available that is of interest to me?
Submit a completed application to the Meade County Board of Education, then contact the Principal at the location of the open position and inform them of your interest.

3.  How do I become a substitute?
Submit a completed application and be selected to attend a substitute training.

4.  What are the requirements to be an instructional assistant (Teacher Aide)?
48 college hours on official transcripts, an Associates Degree, or a passing score on the paraeducator test.

5.  Where do I take the paraeducator test?
Meade County College and Career Center (270) 422-7525
(Listen for the Meade Skills U option)